Tsugaru ware is the oldest pottery in Tohoku Region, originates in Hirashimizu Ware, Osawa Ware, Shimokawara Ware and Akudo Ware, all of which were established by the potters who were mustered by the fourth lord of Tsugaru province in the Edo period. The first kiln was established in 1691 to make needed goods and supplies for the province. Those kilns came to be disused after the abolition of Tsugaru province and finally all the kilns were closed in the Taisho period. However in 1936, it was redeveloped and hitherto handed down. It is characterized by the use of apple glaze that is made from the ash of apple tree bark and Tenmokuyu (black glaze) as well as its distinctive color that creates simple but artistic atmosphere. They also use the technique to paint the patterns such as Camellia japonica, Japanese apricot, maple trees or landscape scenery.